Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Jazz It Up

You will know from my previous acoustic cleaning blog posts that I am a big band fan and take every opportunity to get to live performances. I have two more lined up for 2010 – Chris Dean’s Syd Lawrence Orchestra at Barrow in January and an excellent singer from the North West – Jason Isaacs with the Greg Francis Orchestra in Newcastle in March.

However, I have recently taken a liking for modern jazz after listening to the Back to Basi Orchestra and the very talented saxophonist Karen Sharpe. The last time I heard Karen play was at the excellent Rawtenstall Jazz Club in Rossendale, Lancs. I recently re-visited this vibrant club to listen to the fabulous Northern Jazz Orchestra. This 17 piece band literally ‘blew’ me away with their red-hot horn music. Their leader and drummer, Paul Rigby, leads this talented band superbly well and is a great drummer in his own right. I was talking with his father Alan who told me that Paul’s greatest disappointment was that he never met his idle Buddy Rich, although Buddy’s magic certainly lives on within the NJO.

It somewhat reminds me of our company’s ‘red-hot horns’ our innovative range of Acoustic Cleaners which provide superb ‘performances’ in over 45 countries worldwide - and in a wide range of plant applications.